Solid Ground Campsite
MASS MoCA has teamed up with the City of North Adams to provide a field within easy walking distance (.7 miles; a 12 minute walk) from the festival and museum, and convenient to downtown merchants, bars and restaurants. Although this is a basic, open field tent site, there will be a concession food service (serving attractively-priced fresh-cooked fare including full breakfasts, late night fare and vegetarian offerings), porta-potties, drinking water, and pay-per use showers. A self-monitored, donation-based cell phone changing station will be available. A basketball court and recreation field are nearby.
Rate (for 2 nights – Friday and Saturday nights):
- $90 per tent plot. 4 people per site max; 1 medium-sized or 2 small tents permitted
- $120 per RV plot
Profits from Solid Ground will be given to the R.O.P.E.S Youth Summer Programs for North Adams children. All camp services are provided by volunteers.
Space is limited and advance reservations are required. There are no refunds.
Purchase by calling the MASS MoCA box office at (413) 662-2111 ext. 1, during regular business hours (11am – 5pm every day except Tuesday).
Each tent plot reservation includes one 15′ x 18′ space, plus a parking space (either nearby or shuttle serviced) for one (non-RV) vehicle. However, the site will not be set up for car-side camping, so please pack accordingly.
Plots and RV parking will be assigned by the order in which your reservation is made. You will be sent reservation credentials which you must present at the check-in gateway to the tent field.
The RV slots do not have sewer or water hookups. Max length, 24’. Electrical hookup availability is TBD.
- Check in begins Friday, June 21, at 11am.
- Check out is by Sunday, June 23, by 1pm (your cars may remain packed and locked at campsite until 7pm).
- A maximum of 4 persons per plot, enforced.
- For safety reasons, only registered campers displaying Solid Ground tent site wrist bands will be permitted into the grounds.
- Ice will be available for purchase.
- No open fires or fireworks. Coleman-type camp stoves permitted.
- No glass bottles.
- No illegal substances.
- Quiet please: no generators from 11pm – 9am.
- A concession stand serving fresh-cooked “camp fare” food (including breakfasts, late-night snacks and simple vegetarian offerings) will be in operation at Solid Ground: the menu and hours of operation will be sent to campers in the “check in” information package, to be distributed approximately one month prior to the concert.
- Please note, there will be some on-site security, including 24 hour monitoring, but campers are strongly advised to not leave valuables in tents, and lock your cars. The City of North Adams and MASS MoCA will not be responsible for loss of valuables.